Monday, July 29, 2013


DD mentioned how hard the porch swing is & she would really like it better if there were cushions, so off to WalMart I went. It's the end of the summer season so I knew it would be slim pickings, but I might be able to find a pretty good deal. Nothing I found was just right, so as I was wandering through the aisles I got to thinking how I could make my own, keeping in mind that sewing is one of the few crafts I just don't like.

I would need fabric comfortable enough to sit on but outside-friendly, so I headed over to the shower curtains. I found a real pretty soft blue paisley pattern that I liked, so I got 2 - better to be prepared for  "whoopses" that not.

Next I went to the craft section & found some prepackaged "bio foam" (don't know what the bio is about but it was the right size, density, & thickness).

Next I went looking for adhesive, finally settling on some E6000, a can of spray adhesive, & some white duct tape. I ended up not using the E6000, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I  plan on picking up one more package of cushions so I can take care of the back rest too.

DD likes it, but says I need to hurry up & finish it. That's 8 year old gratitude I guess.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beautiful morning, I'm loving this weather, if we could keep it 75% of the time I would be happy (the other 25% would be lots of snow & rain).

Enjoy your day.