Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm famous!

Well, no actually I'm not. But I did answer a survey about craft blogs and I'm one of 3 craft bloggers in South Dakota, which I think is pretty cool. Here's the link to the results, and by the way the survey is still open just in case anyone wants to add their two cents:
Craft Book Project
This survey is actually part of a woman's thesis, which I find quite amazing. I never could have imagined, years and years (and years, if you must know) ago when I was in college this strange thing called The Internet would be this big, this important, this much a part of everyday life. Way back in The Dark Ages (ie, when I was in college) the World Wide Web was young and kind of scary, and many of us weren't sure it would be around for long. I remember working at the front desk in my dorm and a friend being in the office behind me, claiming to be talking with someone in Russia. I didn't believe her, I thought it was probably someone much closer who said they were in Russia but trying to scam her. Fast forward to now and not only do I talk with people around the world but I absolutely love reading craft blogs from Norway, England, and anywhere they post in English. I salute the creator of the project and her effort, what a neat idea and wonderful execution. Great job, Alicia de los Reyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment