Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Back again - embracing change and life.

I've written and rewritten this post many times in my head, so I think know it is time to sit down at my computer & type it. Many life events have happened since I last blogged, and while I'm not sure that the details are particularly important to anyone but me, what I do think is important is reaching out to others whether it's IRL (in real life for those of us who are life-experienced, and by that I mean old) or via the web. Today I want to thank you for stopping by to read my pitiful short little brief post - because the fact that you are reading it shows that we have a connection, and I appreciate your time. We all have demands on our time and I know I could make better choices about my "free" time  - instead of searching on Pinterest for recipes or knitting ideas, instead of scrolling through Facebook to see what everyone is up to, instead of reading all the junk emails with offers of 10-20-30% off, instead of watching movies I've seen too many times to count, instead of searching Ravelry for new projects or patterns or yarns - I could be exercising (sorry - if you know me IRL, you just snorted your coffee out your nose - you can go clean up - I'll wait), I could be reading a meaningful book, I could be calling a friend, I could be cleaning (sorry again - you may just want to keep the paper towels close by to clean up the coffee), or I could be doing 3,000,000 other things. Instead I do things that are not usually productive, but they do help me disconnect from stresses and come back with a fresh perspective. That's not a bad thing.

What does all this mean? It means I am coming back to the blog with a fresh perspective and bifocals. Because well, I'm life experienced. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment